Sweetwater Woman’s Club welcomes inquiries regarding membership. A member in good standing is one who attends three or more general meetings a year, works on two or more major FUNdraisers a year, and upholds the bylaws and standing rules.
If you have any questions or would like to attend one of our monthly meetings, please telephone 619-479-7888 to leave your name, telephone number, and e-mail address. Our membership chairperson will contact you.
To become a member, applicants must complete the following steps:
1. Attend and be introduced at two monthly General Meetings.
2. Submit a written application for membership signed by the applicant and one sponsor to the membership chairperson.
3. Pay the annual membership fee of $50 that includes the following:
- One year membership in Sweetwater Woman’s Club
- Subscription to the SWC Newsletter
- Membership in California Federation of Women’s Clubs (CFWC) Membership in Area D, Southern District
- Membership in General Federation of Women’s Clubs (GFWC) with more than 100,000 members are actively engaged in volunteer community service in approximately 4,000 clubs across the globe
4. Formal induction and presentation to the membership at a General Meeting.
SWC members meet the second Thursday of the month from August through June at the Clubhouse of the Sweetwater Woman’s Club in Bonita.
11:30 - Socialize
12:00 - Potluck Luncheon
1:00 - Business Meeting
1:30 - Program
A variety of educational and entertaining programs are presented. These include, but are not limited, to the following:
- Musical presentations by local artists, talented members, performers from local schools, or professional entertainers.
- Women's issues or other stimulating topics.
- Local concerns in the community.
- Informative talks from individuals or charitable organizations we help support.
- Special yearly programs such as the Christmas Tea, a silent auction, our club's birthday celebration, life member recognition tea, and installation of officers ceremony.
The business meeting following the program gives members an opportunity to present new and constructive ideas, discuss issues and projects, and vote on matters of club importance.
If you're interested in joining our group of active and enthusiastic members, telephone 619-479-7888 to leave your name, telephone number, and e-mail address. Our membership chairperson will contact you.
Looking for fun, friendship, and an outlet for creativity?
Come join our group!
We would love to meet you!